Tuesday 10 March 2009

Testing the PIR

It was at this stage, as with every new technology introduced into the project, to test the PIR detector, and see if they would be compatible with the USB experiment interface board (E.I.B.). As I have mentioned the PIR detectors that I decided upon run on between 9 and 15 volts. This meant that I would have to use a converter to control how much power it would receive.



Once this was set and the power connected to the PIR, using wire, I connected the the signal N.C. to the experiment interface. Fortunately the devices seemed to work perfectly fine together, and the PIR detector was registered instantly by the software that had been provided with the board.

I was now confident that I would be able to use the PIR detectors in the installation as long as they could be masked off, and once mounted give the correct field of detection, something that also needed to be tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment