Tuesday 10 March 2009

Lynteck Focus PIR Detector

As I have already mentioned there are several PIR detectors on the market, most of which are similar in specifications. After enquiring about a few options from shops such as Screwfix, Homebase and B & Q, I eventually decided on one that is stocked by Maplin, the Lynteck Focus PIR Detector.



The main reason that I decided upon this detector was the operating voltage. Most of the other PIRs that I looked at were mains powered, which would mean the current voltage running from them to the E.I.Board, would be far high, and would not work. In order to be able to power the Lynteck PIR detectors I will have to use a power converter, but this is a better option than not being able to use the board.

Technical Specification

Specifications:
Detection method: Dual pyro-ceramic sensor
Operating voltage: 9 to 15Vdc
Current draw: Active Standby <12 mA
Alarm output: NCrelay rated at 28Vdc
Tamper switch: NCrelay rated at 28Vdc
Alarm period: 2 to 3 seconds
EMI protection: 30KV & spark suppression PCB
RFI protection: Shielded PCB
Coverage: 96 zones, no creeping zones
Range: 15m, 120 angle
Operating temp: -10 to +50C

Although this detector seems suitable for the task at hand, I need to check its sensitivity to haze, and whether the sensor can be masked off slightly to limit the field of detection. If this cannot be performed then the sensors will detect too large of an area. I want the sensors to detect a limited area, as I want certain sensors to focus on the immediate areas around specific light columns.

No comments:

Post a Comment