Friday 20 February 2009

Initial Tests

Although it has been imperative to do research and consider the features behind the project in text form, it is also extremely necessary to test the ideas behind the project, enabling the research to be applied and considered in practice. I wanted to see what effect that I could achieve with a simple experiment, including light and smoke.

Smoke in a can:



A spotlight torch:



A mirror:



Aims:

This test allowed me to consider the project from a practical sense, as although I had witnessed previous works, such as McCall's work, I had not yet played with light myself. I consequently hoped that through even simple testing, such as this, that I would be able to get a better understanding of the project before me.

Although the spray smoke that I was using during this experiment was completely harmless and is suitable for home use I decided to conduct the testing in my garage for obvious reasons (not filling the house with smoke). This also enabled me to hang the torch form the ceiling much easier. Although the test could probably have been achieved by placing the torch on the floor and pointing up, I felt that it would be more true to the final methodology if the light was ceiling mounted.

No comments:

Post a Comment